Voice/Audio Digital ChipCorder® featuring Multi Channel Mixing delivers highly integrated single chip solution ideal for wide range of voice/audio applications in industrial and consumer markets
The ISD2360 is a 3-channel digital ChipCorder® providing single-chip storage and playback of high quality audio. The device features digital de-compression, comprehensive memory management, flash storage, integrated audio signal path with up to 3 channel concurrent playback and Class D speaker driver capable of delivering power of 0.95W. This family utilizes flash memory to provide non-volatile audio playback with duration up to 64 seconds (based on 8 kHz/4bit ADPCM compression) for a single-chip audio playback solution.
The ISD2360 can be controlled and programmed through an SPI serial interface or operated stand-alone by triggers applied to the device’s six GPIO pins.
The ISD2360 requires no external clock sources or components except a speaker to deliver quality audio prompts or sound effects to enhance user interfaces.
In addition the part can provide non-volatile flash storage in 1Kbyte sectors eliminating the need for additional serial EEPROM/Flash devices.
Compared to previous ChipCorder series, this device provides higher sampling frequencies, improved SNR, lower power, fast programming time and integrated program verification.
- New features
- Multi-channel: 3-channel mixing playback
- GPIO parallel processing: Support dynamic change on GPIO output while the chip is in playback
- EMI, EFT, ESD improvement
- 0.95W power at 5V
- ISD2360 – 64 seconds based on 8kHz/4bit ADPCM in 2Mbit of flash storage (256KB)
- Audio Management
- Store pre-recorded audio (Voice Prompts) using high quality digital compression
- Use simple index based command for playback – no address needed.
- Execute pre-programmed macro scripts (Voice Macros) designed to control the configuration of the device and playback Voice Prompts sequences.
- Path and playback Control
- Up to 3 channel audio streaming can be mixed and played back concurrently
- Each channel has independent counter which enables user micro-management on VM execution
- Mask Jump allows branch execution depending on internal register or external GPIO pin status
- Serial SPI interface for microprocessor control and programming.
- Stand-alone control where customized Voice Macro scripts are assigned to GPIO trigger pins.
- Sample Rate
- 7 sampling frequencies 4, 5.3, 6.4, 8, 12.8, 16 and 32 kHz are available.
- Each Voice Prompt can have optimal sample rate.
- Compression Algorithms
- µ-Law: 6, 7 or 8 bits per sample
- Differential µ-Law: 6, 7 or 8 bits per sample
- PCM: 8, 10 or 12 bits per sample
- Enhanced ADPCM: 2, 3, 4 or 5 bits per sample
- Variable-bit-rate optimized compression. This allows best possible compression given a metric of SNR and background noise levels.
- Internal oscillator with internal reference: factory trimmed to ±1% deviation at room temperature.
- PWM: Class D speaker driver to direct drive an 8Ω speaker or buzzer.
- Delivers 950mW at 5V supply
- Delivers 400mW at 3V supply.
- SPI interface: MISO, MOSI, SCLK, SSB for commands and digital audio data
- 6 general purpose I/O pins multiplexed with SPI interface.
- Flash Storage
- 2Mbit of storage for combined audio/data.
- Fast programming time (20µs/byte)
- Erase sector size 1Kbyte, sector erase time 2ms.
- Integrated memory checksum calculation for fast verification.
- Endurance >100K cycles. Retention > 10 years
- Operating Voltage: 2.4-5.5V
- green, QFN32and SOP-16
- Temperature Options:
Industrial: -40 ° C to 85 ° C
- Portable personal medical meters
- Security keypad panels
- White Goods
- Downloadable audio photo frames and albums
- Greeting Cards